Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 15:56:07 +0100
From: Eric Watson <ea-watson@...ginmedia.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unable to crack the password of a test rar file.

That edit sorted it!

pi@...pberrypi:/var/share/temp/JohnTheRipper-bleeding-jumbo/run $ ./john
test_pswd.txt
Using default input encoding: UTF-8
Loaded 1 password hash (rar, RAR3 [SHA1 AES 32/32])
Warning: OpenMP is disabled; a non-OpenMP build may be faster
Press 'q' or Ctrl-C to abort, almost any other key for status
0g 0:00:00:21 0.18% 1/3 (ETA: 19:03:53) 0g/s 2.630p/s 2.630c/s 2.630C/s
Ttest_file.txt.rar..File

Would it be possible to build a non-OpenMP build?

I have 3 allways on Pi's for various tasks and my next learning curve
will be having them all crack together.

Thank you for adding to my meager knowledge.

I think I have chosen the correct reply method in Linux Thunderbird.

Eric