Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:32:22 -0600 (MDT)
From: "eidolon@...w.ca" <eidolon@...w.ca>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: jtr compilation and running issues

Hi,

I have been given access to a test cluster, managed by slurm, mpi capable with nodes containing dual 12-core xeons and a variety of nvidia (eg k80, k40, m40) cards for testing.

The system manages modules with lmod, so I load opnmpi/1.8.4 (latest avail), gcc/4.8.3 (which openmpi/1.8.4 is compiled with) and cuda/7.0. I've also tried 7.5 and am trying 6.0 now.

I run configure, and it still doesn't find anything. So I pack the paths into my PATH and LDFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS, pointing to the appropriate headers and libs.

Then './configure --enable-cuda --enable-mpi --enable-opencl' runs fine and a make -j24 pops me a john exec.

I've had various errors in different states. Enabling mpi seems to fail, so I tried disabling that.

Compiling with just --enable-opencl and --enable-cuda gives me a john that doesn't error out but doesn't see any opencl devices (not even the CPUs!)

I've tried compiling on the head node and one of the compute nodes with no better results.

Am I missing something, or is there something misconfigured on this cluster?

It's running Scientific Linux 6.6 which is based off RHEL.

Thanks for any help.