Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:13:01 +0100
From: "P. L." <p.l.s@...look.com>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: "mpirun -np 8 ./john --wordlist=wordlst passwd" password on list,
 failed to find it

Trying to crack:root:.6Gd3K4Xqk7HIon an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
I knew the password was composed of two numbers, four letters and another two numbers, something like 01abcd23, so I built a list with the following command:$ crunch 8 8 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789 -d 2@ -t %%@@@@%% -o wordlst
downloaded john with:$ wget http://openwall.com/john/g/john-1.7.9-jumbo-7.tar.gz
added support for mpi in Makefile and,$ make linux-x86-64-native
but$ mpirun -np 8 ./john --wordlist=wordlst passwdfailed to crack the password despite it was on the list
I found the password with the command:$ mpirun -np 8 ./john -i passwdand it was in the format I expected, so$ grep password wordlstreturned the password.
I can't see what I did wrong.
Can you please help me?
P.S. Please forgive my grammar as I'm not a native english speaker.