Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 05:04:46 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: luka <mrfsrf@...il.com>
Cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: what version of jtr for raspberry pi

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:11:40AM +0200, luka wrote:
> sorry if the question has already been answered. Not that i didn't tried searching.
> I was wondering for version of the jar would be best suited for raspberry considering that i want to
> use it alongside mpi for parallel computing.

Just like for other platforms, please use bleeding-jumbo:

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/tarball/bleeding-jumbo

> I have installed the john-1.7.9-jumbo but most of the features aren't working.

Please be more specific.  What exactly does not work for you (if it's in
fact "most features", then please give some examples relevant to your
intended use), and in what ways does it fail?  Anyway, please try
bleeding-jumbo first.

Alexander