Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2014 02:38:26 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: john --show

That RPM/version should not have any such bug. The only reason I can
think of is your input file has a mix of formats.

Example:

user1:md5hash
user2:md5hash
user3:sha1hash
user4:sha1hash

To crack all of them, you need to run raw-md5 and raw-sha1 separately.
But this also goes for -show. To see all cracks you'd need to run
"./john -show -format:raw-md5" and then "./john -show -format:raw-sha1".

The same is also true for pwdump-style input files. They (often) contain
both LM and NT hashes (on each line!), so to see both you need to run
-show with each of those formats given as --format option.

If this is not it, I think you need to give more detail.

magnum