Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:24:10 -0500
From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Is there any high-speed beta code for nt-opencl,
 netntlmv2-opencel and mssql05-opencl?

thanks for answer.

By masking + wordlist do you mean the same masking mode used by hashcat?
What about the tradicional and good rules mode from john? :)

So, is this one (https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper.git) which
supports generation on GPU? For netntlmv2 is it supported as well?

LOL, it may be weird, but just to keep compatibility with the old legacy,
why not rename the ntlmv2-opencl to netntlmv2-opencl?

Just for curious, why not? I mean, the speed that my computer is able to
read the wordlist file is much faster in comparison with my GPU and
wordlist with rules on john...so, why it's not worth?

Thanks and sorry if I misunderstood some points.