Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:14:05 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella benchmarks?

ᐧ
On 19 September 2014 18:30, Royce Williams <royce@...ho.org> wrote:

> Unless you have commit access to the Parallella tree above, I'll ask them
> to consider saying that by modifying the top-level README.  The current one
> states support for other hashes.

Hm... it says: "This release has supported added for the Parallella board,
with implementation of bcrypt on the Epiphany accelerator and in the Zynq
programmable logic." - I find it clear it supports only bcrypt.

However, you can always build john with make linux-arm32le-neon and use
only ARM CPU (host) to crack other formats as well (I don't know if there
are any benchmarks, but if you need numbers, I can run the benchmarks
sometime next week). In this case, you wouldn't be using Epiphany nor Zynq
FPGA. Maybe this is what you had in mind? (when you said support, I
immediately considered using Epiphany and/or Zynq FPGA).

Best regards,

Katja