Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 10:14:08 -0400
From: KZug <kzug10@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Reward for saving my 15 years of photos

Jeff,
It does help a lot!

It removed about 200 years of computing, at my actual speed, in the 6 characters range alone :)
(Thanks to Magnum, OpenCL is working like a charm)

Instead of waiting until AD 2414 to ask you again, could you please answer the following, we might be able to shave another century or two ;)
The name of the game is to refine the keyspace as much as we can.

Have you used, or do you generally use the following patterns?
Just answer Yes/No/
If not *Absolutely* certain, please answer IDK (I don’t know)

2 digits in a row, i.e  66
3 digits in a row, i.e  666
4 digits in a row, i.e  1970

2 signs in a row, i.e  @@
3 signs in a row, i.e  !!!
4 signs in a row, i.e  @@!!

2 digits in the same password  i.e   1Password9
3 digits in the same password  i.e   P1ass4word8
4 digits in the same password  i.e   P1a2s3s4word

2 signs in the same password  i.e   P@...rd
3 signs in the same password  i.e   P@...ord
4 signs in the same password  i.e   P@...*rd

Doubling a word, i.e   JeffJeff
Shifting patterns, one ch. to the right or left  >> Hello >> Jr;;p
Inverting a word, i.e   password >> drowssap

and anything you can think of …

Thanks,
K.