Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:42:43 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with Session restore

On 4 Sep, 2013, at 9:04 , Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com> wrote:
> i have a Problem with my Server, working on and Office2010 Hash.
> Yesterday i stopped the running job, pulled the latest GIT and re-compiled.
>
> I have not done this in 90 days i think, so the version i used before
> should be from 6.6.2013.
>
> if i try to resume, it tells me:
> $ ./john --restore
> $ Loaded 1 password hash (Office 2007/2010 (SHA-1) / 2013 (SHA-512), with
> AES [32/64 OpenSSL])
> $ No password hashes left to crack (see FAQ)
> I checked the FAQ, but i could not find an explanation for my problem.
> I re-run office2john on my xlsx file and the hash was identical to the one
> i worked on, before so i think it is still "correct".
>
> if i try to view the Password it tells me.
> "0 password hashes cracked, 1 left"
>
> if i try to restore, it's the same. I also tried to start john with -i but
> it always tells me, there is nothing to do.
>
> Can i do something to restore my session?

That format has not had any real change since May 2. The input file does not contain the actual document, so could you post it here, or to me off-list? To fully anonymize it, you can pipe it through "cat -d: -f2". This will remove the file name and any GECOS data and just leave the hash.

Please also include a copy of the 90 days .rec file.

magnum