Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 08:16:36 +0300
From: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: --fork using different OpenCL devices

Hello,

I think slow formats would benefit as well. I do something similar in
hashkill (though multiple threads, not multiple processes). There is a
noticeable speed increase when cracking "fast hashes" and less noticeable
but still present increase for slow hashes. Weird but on GCN hardware, the
increase for slow hashes is much more noticeable as compared to VLIW (I
have a theory for that but not 100% sure about it).

Regards,
Milen