Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:44:33 -0600
From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How does incremental mode works?

Hi Rich

Thanks for your answer, very appreciated.

These links helped me a lot. It's very interesting, suppose that I have a
custom list of words already with some manipulation for a custom target, is
there anything that I may do to use it with jTr that will give me better
results in comparison with default incremental mode? Examples are welcome.

I was reading this thread and I found this link (
https://twitter.com/hashcat/status/239636316499869696/photo/1/large), do
you know where is jTr in comparison in this chart?

Also, I found this nice project (http://thepasswordproject.com/passpal), is
there a way to "integrate" passpal to create more robust rules based on my
targeted wordlist already manipulated to generate more strong candidates
for jTr in incremental mode or similar?

My main concern is not run two different instances of jTr to test basically
the same thing, so I would like to try avoid as much as possible repeat
candidate passwords, however, since the output wordlist may be huge the
cost to do sort and uniq may be too unacceptable.

This guy called atomu looks very brilliant, but he also looks very
arrogant. Anyway, I impressed by what he claimed and the results. One thing
that called my attention is that appear to be agreed between this guy and
solar d. that their mask filters are more efficient in comparison with
current jTr incremental mode. Is it correct? Is there a workaround or
something similar to archive similar results with jTr?

Thanks