Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:30:42 +0100
From: Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with AMD and recent Patch

Hey Magnum,

i just wanted to thank you for your patience :) In fact i did not cancel
anything, when i wrote the mail 2 days ago. I started the --test etc. and
waited until anything happend.
As I did not want to waste more time to test in a non-perfect environment,
i made the following.
Re-Installed Kubuntu 12.04, applied all updates, installed Catalyst 12.8
and recent AMD APP 2.7, recompiles John aaaaaand.
Here we Go:
[......]
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/marc/JohnTheRipper/src'
cp opencl/*.cl ../run/
cp opencl_*.h ../run/
marc@...berd:~/JohnTheRipper/src$ cd ../run/
marc@...berd:~/JohnTheRipper/run$ ./john --test --format=office2010-opencl
OpenCL platform 0: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing, 2 device(s).
Using device 0: Juniper
Local worksize (LWS) 64, Global worksize (GWS) 4096
Benchmarking: Office 2010 SHA-1 AES (100,000 iterations) [OpenCL 4x]... DONE
Raw:    5251 c/s real, 364088 c/s virtual

marc@...berd:~/JohnTheRipper/run$

It's working like a charm :)
So as i said thanks for your patience and great work!!
And tba. 364k c/s seems a lot more promissing, than the 120 my ION Chip can
handle :D

Wish you a nice Sunday.
BR Marc