Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 22:41:27 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with AMD and recent Patch

On 8 Nov, 2012, at 21:14 , Marc Brinkmann <marc.brinkmann@...il.com> wrote:
> Dear Magnum,
>
> you are right, but i did not apply a single patch, i pulled newest git.
> Now i did the same, it is already up-to-date.
> Please see my Log:
> Speicherzugriffsfehler
> marc@...berd ~/JohnTheRipper/run $
>
> I'm running Linux-Sabayon on recent Kernel 3.6 with proviced fglrx 304.60

That sounds much more like an nvidia version number... What is the output of john --list=opencl-devices on that machine?

HashCat require 12.8 or later (and nvidia 304.32 or later). Maybe we should recommend the same. Apparently Catalyst 12.8 means that --list=opencl-devices would say "AMD-APP (923.1)".

magnum