Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 00:17:36 +0200
From: Paul van Hoven <paul.van.hoven@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Word files?

Thanks for the anser. My Ubuntu version is:

Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	11.04
Codename:	natty

I deleted the folder as you said, but office2john again fails an
creates another folder called office2johnXYZ, like this:

parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/run$
./office2john /media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx
/media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx : office2johnkQHoKX: File exists

I attached the word document the password is "password".

Paul

2012/8/7 Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 6:30 AM, Paul van Hoven
> <paul.van.hoven@...glemail.com> wrote:
>> A small hint: I had to replace mktemp by mkdtemp in office2john.c in
>> order to get the file compiled.
>
> Strange. Which version of Ubuntu are you using?
>
>> Now I got a working binary in the run folder. I created a MS Office
>> 2008 for Mac (Version 12.2.0) document encrypted it with the simple
>> password "password" and tried to decrypt it with office2john, this was
>> the result:
>> parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/run$
>> ./office2john /media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx
>> /media/psf/Home/Downloads/TestEncrypted.docx : office2johntNuMqb: File exists
>
> Can you delete "office2johntNuMqb" folder and try again?
>
>> So this might be due to fact that it is not a office 2007 or office
>> 2010 file?
>
> Please post the file (along with the password) for debugging.
>
>> So am I doing something wrong here?
>
> It seems that office2john is buggy. office2john is a crappy program
> and will soon be re-written in Python.
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Dhiru

Download attachment "TestEncrypted.docx" of type "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document" (18944 bytes)