Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 05:50:29 +0000
From: asdf asdf <hackatrack@...mail.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: zero-salted sha1 (mac os x 10.4 hash) cracking

Hello,I have a small question about John the Ripper. I have a hash of a password in Mac OS X 10.4 (so it's zero-salted sha1, meaning the first 8 characters are the salt and are all 0). How do I get John to crack this? I tried SHA1p with an added salt, but it didn't recognise it. Without specifying a salt, it did recognise it as "password hash (Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.6 salted SHA-1 [32/64])", but since I got the salt, it would be a lot quicker if I could specify it, right?So my question is: Can I specify a salt for Mac OS X passwords? If so how, if not, what would be a workaround.Thanks in advance.Michael