Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 23:23:02 -0500
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jean-Michel <jtr@...izoku.org>
Subject: Re: Issue with dynamic format scripting

Bug.   I have found it. in the salt_external_to_internal_convert() function:

The i var needs to be an int, and this line needs changed:

and this line

for (i = len-3; i > 0; --i) {

needs to be changed to this:

for (i = len-3; i >= 0; --i) {

However, I need to check for other side effects, that are NOT wanted.   I will get this looked into, and get a patch over to Magnum

Jim.