Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:30:41 +0100
From: Jean-Michel <jtr@...izoku.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Issue with dynamic format scripting

Hi everyone,

I made a script for a dynamic format and it was working great for john
1.7.8 jumbo2 + additionnal patches that were available on the wiki at
the time (around last summer).

Today this script is not working anymore in john 1.7.9 jumbo5 (build
taken from the wiki, 32bits one).

I updated it to use the newest naming convention of dynamic format but
I still get an error on gethash[0](0).
Can someone help me spot the mistake I could have made ?

Here is the latest version of the script:

[List.Generic:dynamic_1401]
Expression=md5($u.\nskyper\n.$p) [Skype MD5]
Flag=MGF_USERNAME
Func=DynamicFunc__clean_input
Func=DynamicFunc__append_userid
Func=DynamicFunc__append_input1_from_CONST1
Func=DynamicFunc__append_keys
Func=DynamicFunc__crypt
CONST1=\nskyper\n
Test=$dynamic_1401$27f6a9d892475e6ce0391de8d2d893f7:password:username
Test=$dynamic_1401$27f6a9d892475e6ce0391de8d2d893f7$$Uusername:password

Additional test vectors can be computed directly in bash:
echo -ne "username\nskyper\npassword" | md5sum

I remember a post of Nicolas Ruff having almost the same issue few
months ago. His case was solved by adding the MGF_SALTED flag to the
format even if there is no salt. But it did not work in my case. The
flag MGF_NOTSSE2Safe did not help neither.

Thanks for your help,

Jean-Michel