Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 23:22:32 +0000 (UTC)
From: Donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AVX build for Mac OS X

Solar Designer <solar@...> writes:

> In that case, my advice to enable AVX does not apply.  As far as I'm
> aware, Snow Leopard doesn't include an AVX-capable assembler.
>

> You'd need to add "-mavx", so you would have:
>
> 		CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -m64 -mavx" \
>
> but again, I don't expect this to compile on Snow Leopard.
>

> The subscription instructions are right on John the Ripper homepage:
>
> http://www.openwall.com/john/#lists
>
> When you post via Gmane, this has the problem of not letting me setup a
> moderation bypass, nor to reject your postings (when you happened to
> post the same message twice on a given occasion) without having the
> rejects appear in Gmane as new messages on the list (so your duplicate
> message appears in Gmane for everyone to see, as a "reject").
>
> Alexander

Thanks for your fast reply Alexander, i understand the Fact with LION &
S.Leopard....thanks for the CFLAGS infos....ok, so i make some Tests with
Lion then on other MAC with the CFLAGS activation &
repport the bench stats..

The reason, i swithc & stay on Snow it's after One week test, well,
this OS is really poor in Dev Modules & tools, you have to install all,
OPENMPI, OpenSSL & more + the system is clearly not stable for now..so after one
week test i can confirm, it's better to stay on an Stable OS like SL ( where all
the dev things are all included & where the 64 Bits mode work perfectly also )
Got also some crash on LION..so better to let the
Apple Dev team check all the bugs & offer us an 1.7.1..at this time,
if the major corrections done..why not..

Concern the Registration to the ML = ok done..E.mail send, thank you

Regards,

Donovan