Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 01:11:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AVX build for Mac OS X

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 08:54:35PM +0000, Donovan wrote:
> NOTE : I don't take the risk to compiled on LION, cause to young OS & unstable
> for now...so i prefer make the stuff in Snow Leopard 1.6.8

In that case, my advice to enable AVX does not apply.  As far as I'm
aware, Snow Leopard doesn't include an AVX-capable assembler.

> May i have to "ADD" or "remove the existed value in = CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -m64" \

You'd need to add "-mavx", so you would have:

		CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) -m64 -mavx" \

but again, I don't expect this to compile on Snow Leopard.

> Concern, the fact to join the for "real" the John-users, it will be an plaisure
> for sure, but, i don't understand ( maybe my deffault English speacking
> missunderstand the sens, sorry) this is not the John-users-Mailling list ? can
> you give then some adivices & the way to take in this case.

The subscription instructions are right on John the Ripper homepage:

http://www.openwall.com/john/#lists

When you post via Gmane, this has the problem of not letting me setup a
moderation bypass, nor to reject your postings (when you happened to
post the same message twice on a given occasion) without having the
rejects appear in Gmane as new messages on the list (so your duplicate
message appears in Gmane for everyone to see, as a "reject").

Alexander