Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 19:23:20 +0000 (UTC)
From: Donovan <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sha-256

JimF <jfoug@...> writes:

> Right now, Solar has his time tied up on the korelogic contest, mostly.  It
> may be that we make a community Jumbo-4a patch, in the interim.  There are
> numerous things which have been added (along with this build issue).  I
> still have some changes to get completed this weekend, but we can probably
> produce a 'non' official jumbo enhancement, vs having over a dozen patches.
> This would simply be rolling all of these patches up into one single patch,
> properly applying them all, in order.    Then we can post a single J4a
> tarball, and a diff file to go from J4 to J4a.   I will try to get this out
> in the next day or so, my time today is shot doing other 'honey-do' stuff.
>
> Jim.

Hi JimF,

Thanks a lot for all your effort's & support., well, we are all in the same
"boat" about the KoreLogic contest...the reason why we need the last powerfull
build of JTR lol ;-))))

Concern, you request on the other reply about Jumbo 4, i try to re_download it &
re_compiled it & re_launch an "--test" Vs the Jumbo 2 & the Erik Winkler version
( Jumbo 12 on 1.7.8), what i have notified & the reason why i remove it , is
comparated to the Jumbo 2 & the Erik version, even the sse2 version, seem is
less algo's...seem some are removed ( or maybe the syntax change & i don't see
the way for...can't remember right now , have to rebuild for beeing sure), but
what's immediatly bump me is the bench who are less for me on my Mac I7, but
again...i rebuild & re_post it...

Anyway, i hope we can have an nice version for the Korelogic contest & again =
THANKS for all your effort's, really appreciated...

Regards,

Donovan