Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:44:22 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Sha-256

There is a patch on the wiki, which does the /+  -> *   (and one other small
change) properly.  The patch is on this page:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches    The patch is the 0008-*.patch
patch.    It is likely that the other lower numbered patches will have to be
done prior to this 0008 patch working, since some of them also modify the
./src/makefile

Normally, a lot of the patch conversation is not carried on here, in the
'john-users' email list.  Alex has tried to push most of this discussion
over to the other email list, 'john-dev'.  On that list, we hash out a lot
more of this type developer chatter, and then release a final 'jumbo' patch,
vs the day to day incremental stuff on our way 'to' a jumbo release.

However, if there are systems which are NOT working right, with the
'current' jumbo  (J4), then it would be good to know, so that we can work to
find the solution, prior to releasing a Jumbo5.  If not found and fixed by
Jumbo5, then it will simply mean a Jumbo6 right after that one, to fix this.

So if there are build problems (or runtime problems, crashes, etc), in the
current jumbo, then please post it, or better yet, join john-dev, and post
this information there.

Jim.