Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:23:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper 1.7.8-jumbo-4

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:57:56PM +0200, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>  my system : OS X Lion (Xtools 4.x)
>  1.7.8 jumbo 4 compiled (without MPI ) = OK
>  1.7.8 jumbo 4 compiled WITH MPI = error (compilation log at
> http://pastebin.com/uPY9hXYf )

ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libmpi.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libopen-rte.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: ignoring file /usr/lib/libopen-pal.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (i386)

This is what I suspected - you only have a 64-bit build of MPI.

I understand that it may be too difficult for you to manage two builds
of MPI at once, without being familiar with building/using libraries on
Unix-like systems.

I think the solution here will be for us to provide an easy way to use
multiple CPUs/cores without MPI.  This is planned, but unfortunately is
still not implemented.

Alexander