Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:37:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jtr for android

Kalgecin, Shinnok -

On 06/23/2011 04:33 PM, kalgecin wrote:
> is it possible to compile jtr for the android platform? my phone is samsung
> galaxy mini with 600mhz armv6 proccesor. not an app but a cmd compiled
> version for the android platform. can anyone add the make option? just
> curious

I think "make generic" should just work if you have development tools
installed at all.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:20:28PM +0300, Shinnok wrote:
> John should build just fine on ARM, ...

Yeah.  There's even a benchmark on an extra-slow iPod on the wiki.
It mentions a custom linux-arm target, but I think generic would work
as well.

And there's an older version of JtR packaged as a Cydia app for iPhone:

http://cydia.theworm.tw
http://cydia.theworm.tw/Packages.html

"johntheripper
Version: 1.7.3.1"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cydia

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with this.

Alexander