Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:20:28 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jtr for android

Hi Kalgecin,

On 06/23/2011 04:33 PM, kalgecin wrote:
> is it possible to compile jtr for the android platform? my phone is samsung
> galaxy mini with 600mhz armv6 proccesor. not an app but a cmd compiled
> version for the android platform. can anyone add the make option? just
> curious

John should build just fine on ARM, I remember being able to build and
run it a long time ago on a Nokia N810 Internet Tablet[1] and N900[2]
phone. By now JtR is available in the official Maemo repo too[3].

Besides that, as a secondary proof, John is available in the Debian ARM
architecture too[3]. Look for *armel*:
armel	172.7 kB	472 kB	 [list of files]

Unfortunately I don't have an ARM device available right now to test
with the latest John and provide exact steps to building it. I also
don't know if Android should could any problems, however the links in
these e-mail should at least get you started.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N810
[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
[3]http://maemo.org/packages/view/john/ (this one includes the jumbo
patch too)