Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:39:37 +0100
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GSOC - GPU for hashes

21 march 2011: Milen Rangelov wrote:
>Anyway, good luck , hope that my (blatant offtopic) post was useful. I would
>really like to see more opensource GPU cracking software. I also hope you
>would find better ways to deal with those challenges than me and don't lose
>time in repeating my stupid mistakes :)

Thank you for sharing huge amount of experience. Your post was really
powerfull and your tips helps a lot.

25 march 2011: Samuele Giovanni Tonon wrote:
I think i have given you enough meat to put on the bbq.

>Thanks, that was something that i was looking for.
I'm not sure that i understood it well. Can't we do comparision with
pattern on gpu to do as much as possible on the gpu site?
OpenCL is still a bit magic for me, so i have implemented rawsha256
(raw means without salt?) in cuda. That was the easy part.
Now i'll try to make it work with JtR, and do some initial bechmarks.
For now it looks like this: http://kaims.pl/~ukasz/gsoc/sha256.png
,excluding comparision  which is not implemented yet.
You're making "preprocessing" in gpu, it is better so i will change it
in the next step.

Lukas