Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:55:18 +0200
From: Yoni Londner <yonihola@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MD5 mmx/sse impelemtation for 32bit

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Simon <simon@...quise.net> wrote:
> On 10/02/2011 15:03, Yoni Londner wrote:
>> So it seams this is 64bit implementation.
>
> It uses intrinsics that are common to both architectures, so it compiles
> on both. Also, you should use ICC on these.

Hi,
Thanks for the help.
I am trying to compile it, but I am getting allot of errors:
for instance, MD5_SSE_PARA is defined only in x86-64.h and not in x86-sse.h.
Also, for target linux-x86-sse2  '-msse2' is needed.
I fixed all these problems, but I suspect this code was never used on
32bit arch.
When I run the tests (./john --test) - all tests pass (including
md5_gen tests), except this one: Apache MD5 [12x]... FAILED
(get_hash[1](0)).
I will continue my testing, but will appreciate any help of someone
who used this code in 32bit apps.

Another question (and please forgive my ignorance), what is ICC?
Yoni.