Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:08:59 +0000
From: Freddie Witherden <freddie@...herden.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Plain Text/No-op Password Format

Hello,

I am interested to know if John supports (or there exist patches to add
support) for a plain text password format.  That is to say one in which
the password itself is known in which the cipher-text is the same as the
plain-text.

My interest in such a format is in answering questions such as "with a
given set of rules/word lists how many candidates would have to be
generated to determine the password."

I have taken a look through the source and nothing immediately jumps out
at me.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards, Freddie.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)