Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:20:49 -0800
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: raw-sha1-opencl patch 1

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Samuele Giovanni Tonon
<samu@...uxasylum.net> wrote:
> attached here patch 1 for raw-sha1 with many improvements:
> - added fix for nvidia cl compiler now it should work on both ati and
>  nvidia (not tested on nvidia atm)
> - fixed some faulty loops of previous version due to my
>  misunderstanding of crypt_all() and cmp_all() calls
> - moved prepare of sha1 msg from cpu to GPU saving some data transfer
>
> what still need to do:
> - some more optimization of both cl and C code
> - add md5 cl hack to pass 1/4 (in sha1 case 1/5) of the hash back to jtr
>  and send the whole hash only for cmp_one
>
> how to add to jtr:
> add the patch to a vanilla jtr 1.7.6 *after* adding jumbo-9-patch and
> opencl-9 patch .

I have integrated this patch into john-1.7.6-jumbo-9-opencl-10.diff.gz
patch (patch attached, wiki modified too). Apart from the merge, I
have tried to do some code cleanups in revision 10 of the OpenCL
patch. All feedback is welcome! In cases of crashes, try to reduce
local_work_size and XXX_NUM_KEYS parameters (found in opencl-tweaks.h
file), re-compile, re-run code and report back.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "john-1.7.6-jumbo-9-opencl-10.diff.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (30723 bytes)