Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:14:11 +0600
From: "Murat D. Kadirov" <banderols@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: KoreLogic Contest.. first set of stats/rules

 On 02.08.2010 06:32, Minga Minga wrote:
> John:
>
> We are still recovering from DEFCON (just finished press conference
> #1, onto #2 now)
>
> We have released the first set of stats/information from the contest:
>
> How the passwords were created:
> http://contest.korelogic.com/how_passes_created.html
>
> Here are the "answers":
> http://contest.korelogic.com/plaintexts.html
>
> Most relevant - how they were created.
> http://contest.korelogic.com/rules.html
> Those are the john the ripper rules used to CREATE the contest.
>
> In the next few weeks, Id us, as a community, to try to improve these rules
> and hopefully incorporate them into everyone's rules. The represent years
> of password analysis of over 3 million passwords from environments
> that enforce password complexity.
>From stats http://contest.korelogic.com/stats.html:

Teams were able to crack 2808 DES password hashes. 4347 were left uncracked
Teams were able to crack 3670 SSHA password hashes. 6912 were left uncracked
Teams were able to crack 0 ORACLE password hashes. 1000 were left uncracked

How is this possible?

--
Murat D. Kadirov
PGP fingerprint: 3081 EBFA 5CB9 BD24 4DB6  76EE 1B97 0A0E CEC0 6AA0