Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:35:41 +0000 (UTC)
From:  Radim <yesbody@...nam.cz>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject:  Re: "Extra" in incremental mode not fully working - john17 stuckdumped

Hi,
I couldn't help myself to provide additional info. I've tried my Extra option
with the official windows builds of john and I've managed to stackdump the
original 1.7 release with it:
---
john17 -in:Alphacz4 --stdout > alphacz4.out
Warning: only 35 characters available
      3 [main] john17 2812 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

  45916 [main] john17 2812 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to john17.exe
.stackdump
---

The 1.7.0.1 is behaving better, but it still throws somewhat misleading message
with the official alpha.chr:
---
Incorrect charset file format: alpha.chr
---

-Radim