Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:59:23 +0000
From: "jay rubin" <cjride@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new at this cracker business

>From: "Frank Dittrich" <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
>To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
>Subject: Re: [john-users] new at this cracker business
>Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:33:19 +0200
>
>jay rubin wrote:
>>So far 6 out of 7.  John has been running since last night.  I didn't even
>>know I had these other passwords and of what use they are.
>
>Another effective approach against saltless password hashes
>is using precomputed rainbow tables.
>If you are prepared to immediately change the remaining
>(so far uncracked) password, just submit the hash
>here:

I just killed john after 17 hours, it was taking up all my processor time.
Not sure what those other passwords were so I'm not sure I would want to
change them.  Are the precomputed rainbow tables precomputed hashed
passwords than are than compared to your hashed password?  Why would my
password be change?