Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 16:28:11 -0400
From: Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.6.1 Multiple cracking session management

Shinnok said :

What we need is a wrapper class named JohnSession that encompasses all
settings that define a cracking session. All values are still stored and
loaded via QSettings inside the class.

What variables do you have in mind for JohnSession ? In my mind right now,
I don't see what we'll put into it because with m_setting(QSetting) in
MainWindow class, we will have all our information into the SAME member
variable.
For example, the groups will make something like this :
m_setting.getValue(session/nameOfSession1/isForkEnabled);
m_setting.getValue(session/nameOfSession2/isForkEnabled);
m_Setting.getValue(session/nameOfSession1/mode);
etc..

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 6:42 AM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 5:53 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com> wrote:
>
>> We should be using QSettings with ini format for this. Single file for
>> now unless we foresee troubles with that.
>

> All right, let's use QSettings then :)
> Not sure to understand the meaning of "single file". Do you mean ?
> 1) one file which contains nformation about all sessions
> (allSessions.johnny)
> OR
> 2) one file per session like now (session1.johnny, session2.johnny,
> session3.johnny)
>

> Use a single johnny.ini to store all session details and other application
> preferences. Different sessions fall into different beginGroup() key
> prefixes. The .rec stay separate. We also need to split default.log for
> each different session.
>
> Updated the roadmap to reflect only what's to be done for now for this
> task:
>
> Sprint 1.6
> 1. Multiple cracking session management(session history and proper session
> preferences storage) [Mathieu]
>
> Thanks,
> Shinnok

Content of type "text/html" skipped