Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 13:42:03 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Johnny] Task 1.6.1 Multiple cracking session management

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 5:53 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com <mailto:admin@...nnok.com>> wrote:
> We should be using QSettings with ini format for this. Single file for now unless we foresee troubles with that.
>
> All right, let's use QSettings then :)
> Not sure to understand the meaning of "single file". Do you mean ?
> 1) one file which contains nformation about all sessions (allSessions.johnny)
> OR
> 2) one file per session like now (session1.johnny, session2.johnny, session3.johnny)

Use a single johnny.ini to store all session details and other application preferences. Different sessions fall into different beginGroup() key prefixes. The .rec stay separate. We also need to split default.log for each different session.

Updated the roadmap to reflect only what's to be done for now for this task:

Sprint 1.6
	1. Multiple cracking session management(session history and proper session preferences storage) [Mathieu]

Thanks,
Shinnok
Content of type "text/html" skipped