Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 14:11:43 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Strange errors with dynamic formats > dynamic_4999

On 01/02/2014 01:55 PM, jfoug@....net wrote:
> ---- Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com> wrote:
>> OK, I'll add a patch so that --list=subformats will use the same limit.
>
> Sounds good.  I will make note of this, and when I start on some other changes to dyna, I will add a new file, dynamic_defines.h, put certain constants into this file, and remove them from code.  Then any code that would need any information such as this, would have ability to include that header, and know certain things about dynamic.

Defining a single constant for this purpose is a good idea.
Then you just need to change that single definition.
But I think you can just put that definition into dynamic.h

Look at commit 88e88a5990e4ecbfecff01383440fab25193ee93 for the changes
I made.

Your code used 2 different limits (< 5000 and <= 5000), I changed that
to <= 5000, so that formats up to 4999 are not reserved.

Then, I changed the contition
	dynamic_IS_PARSER_VALID(i)
into
	 dynamic_IS_VALID(i) == 1
in dynamic_DISPLAY_ALL_FORMATS().

(I now that dynamic_DISPLAY_ALL_FORMATS() isn't named correctly anymore,
since it only lists formats that are not reserved.
But I thought I'll leave the decision to rename that function to you.)

Frank