Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 18:31:14 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daniel's weekly report #15

2013/10/2 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>:
> Should I post on AMD forums and ask what else we should pay attention to
> when we change the microcode in a binary?

I am affraid that we will still have problems with pathing binaries
unless we change approach.
I have two ideas at the moment:
1) can you split binary on parts using definitions in this header:
http://www.multi2sim.org/svn/multi2sim/trunk/src/arch/southern-islands/asm/bin-file.h

I am curious how much of that match the real format.

2) Since CAL has separated compilation and linking phases, maybe we
can somehow do something like pathing between those phases.
You probably saw this:
http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/10/AMD_CAL_Programming_Guide_v2.0.pdf

It looks like program is stored in CALobject, but I can't find a its
definition anywhere.
Also If I remember right realhet used CAL for some reason.

Lukas