Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:40:36 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Hi Alexander,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> At this point, it looks like we need either a more complete bitstream
> (including support for all of the same peripherals that Parallella has
> by default) or we have to be introducing our bitstream into BOOT.BIN.

I tried to find out which parts of Zedboard are in PL but so far I haven't
found anything. I only found couple of forum threads about Linux crash
after replacing bitstream but no solution. I generated all files from
http://www.adapteva.com/white-papers/building-linux-for-parallella-platform/.
This device tree is for headless system. Maybe we should try booting using
those files and than replacing bitstream? I think that this system supports
less peripherals than one shipped with Parallella.

Device tree for parallella is attached but I can't determine which
peripheral is missing in our bistream when I don't know which are
implemented in PS and which are in PL.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "zynq-zed.dts" of type "application/octet-stream" (9572 bytes)