Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:41:21 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Katja's weekly report #9

Hello,

Accomplishments:
1. Determined cause of one reliability issue - one Epiphany core never
starts computation
2. Basic knowledge of Verilog - should be enough for non optimized bcrypt
implementation
3. Xilinx environment is completely set up - generated bitstream, BOOT.bin,
device tree and build Linux kernel
4. Learned more about Zedboard architecture

Priorities:
1. Fix reliability issue for bcrypt on Epiphany - I have problem with this
task - I don't know how to find out where is the problem, I can't even say
is it on host or on Epiphany side. And since it takes a lot until it fails,
I don't know from where to start
2. Reduce device tree so that bitstream can be replaced without Linux crash
(or add missing component(s) to FPGA)
3. Start with bcrypt implementation on FPGA

Best regards,

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped