Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 14:14:33 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mask mode integration with bleeding.

On 08/09/13 at 01:11pm, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> I think we should fork another repo which will have up-to-date current
> bleeding along with my mask-mode commits.

Why don't you create and maintain a forked repository yourself?

I do the same myself, for handling OS X and Windows binaries.

I believe that all experimental features should reside in your own copy
of the upstream repository till the time they are ready to be pulled in.
If the feature is risky, it is best to open a pull-request so that we
(magnum) can do a code-review.

On a side-note, I confess that I accidentally pushed the "Windows"
branch upstream but luckily, the commits were "almost ready" (TM).

--
Dhiru