Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:44:14 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Sayantan's weekly report #0

Sayantan -

Thank you for posting this report so quickly after my request.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:51:35AM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> Priorities:
> 1. Discuss mask mode, format changes(if at all required) and get a clear
> idea of what to implement.

OK.  Let's discuss in a separate thread.

> 2. Remove crk_timestamp bug from cracker.c

This is likely a core tree bug, so I am the one to look into it for
real.  And it was a nice find, thank you!

Meanwhile, please continue using whatever simple workaround works for you.

> 2. Possibly integrate myrice interface for mask mode with bleeding.

Did myrice even have a mask mode interface?  I think that was only very
early experimental code.

Unrelated to your priorities listed above, how about one more: improve
your code quality?  Have you done anything on this, such as in response
to me and Lukas (IIRC) pointing out some issues to you recently?

Thanks,

Alexander