Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:33:40 -0700
From: Tavis Ormandy <taviso@...xchg8b.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: minor raw-sha1-ng pull request

Hey Magnum, I noticed I could pull a bit of work out of the crypt inner loop
and do it during set_key for cheaper. Also a small amount of work could be
moved into crypt (to vectorize it). It's not a huge difference, but I think
it's obviously correct.

https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/pull/280/files

BTW, would you like me to look into handling longer passwords without
burning cycles for the common (len <= 15) case? I don't think it's possible
to do it for free, but maybe it won't be too expensive.

Thanks!