Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:21:38 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

Hi, I haven't seen '-ng' files, why? This is unstable, right?

Em 18-04-2013 21:55, Solar Designer escreveu:
> Fellow JtR developers -
>
> As promised, here's the portion of john-1.7.9-jumbo-7-licensing.txt
> pertaining to src/ files.  I suggest that you search it for the words
> unclear, issue, your first name, your nickname, and for question marks -
> and try to clarify in your replies.  Thanks!
>
> cryptsha512_kernel_AMD.cl       cut-down BSD; Lukas, Claudio; code
Why cut-down BSD?

> sha256_kernel.cl                GPLv2+; Dhiru, Christophe Devine, Southern Storm Software; code; GPL'ed because of reuse of a third-party SHA-256 implementation as base for Dhiru's port to OpenCL
I rebase my code on what i have for 512 and did a full override of
Dhiru's code.
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/commit/f5fd1cc6c97ee19316476d6ecb3c75ddcc8f34af#comments
-------

My notes are:
- i hope i avoided any copy+paste, so i selected new licenses comparing
to Lukas sha512, Dhiru sha256 or Myrice raw-sha512. If anyone disagrees,
please let me know.

1. common-opencl* files has some public domain license in it (i
suppose). So, i'm following it.
2. to all 'my' format files and OpenCL files i used GPLv2. Full list below:
---
   - cryptsha256_kernel_DEFAULT.cl
   - cryptsha256_kernel_GPU.cl
   - cryptsha256_kernel_LOCAL.cl
   - cryptsha512_kernel_DEFAULT.cl
   - cryptsha512_kernel_GPU.cl
   - sha256_kernel.cl (raw and cisco-4)
   - sha512-ng_kernel.cl (raw and xsha512)
---
   - opencl_cryptsha512_fmt.c
   - opencl_cryptsha512.h
   - opencl_cryptsha256_fmt.c
   - opencl_cryptsha256.h
   - opencl_rawsha256_fmt.c (raw and cisco-4)
   - opencl_rawsha256.h
   - opencl_rawsha512-ng_fmt.c (raw and xsha512)
   - opencl_rawsha512-ng.h
   - opencl_sha512.h
   - opencl_sha256.h
   - opencl_sha2_common.h