Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:24:49 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Was: Re: [john-users] Cracking Gauss using dynamic

This is a bug in dynamic. I will investigate more.

Here is what dynamic 'should' have.

1. there is a function declared in dynamic.h  These functions must be void
Func(void).
2. there is a function body defined in dynamic_fmt.c
3. there is a string lookup in dynamic_parser.c that is the proper function
(in string format), and there is a function pointer to the 'right' function.

In this case, DynamicFunc__append_from_last_output2_as_raw IS properly setup
in #1 and #2 above.  However, the lookup entry in dynamic_parser.c is NOT
there.  That is not good. I need to audit, and find out which 'exported'
functions, flags, and other data, are do NOT have proper parsing table
entries.

This function certainly does not, likely there are others which were missed.
The 'raw' functions were a later addition, and it appears I did not get them
properly placed into the john.conf parsing code.   Simple fix, but it simply
will not work as it exists today.

Jim.