Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 02:11:45 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New RAR OpenCL kernel

I'm currently trying to vectorize the rar format because I reckon it
might be a good thing even on scalar platforms because I do 4x the work
for 1x the potential branches and stuff. Does this make sense?

AFAIU I will *have* to use fixed-length kernels, because of how the rar
format is laid out.

I do have a vectorized version almost running now but some detail is
wrong with it (well to be specific, it segfaults :) ). Probably some
silly thing on host side, like not allocating correctly - the host code
was very fond of the idea that GWS == keys per crypt and I have probably
not found all instances of that.

magnum