Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:03:11 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New RAR OpenCL kernel

On 04/27/2012 03:06 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 02:20:31AM +0200, magnum wrote:
>> Benchmarking: RAR3 (6 characters) [OpenCL]... DONE
>> Raw:    9033 c/s real, 9899 c/s virtual
>
> Wow.  Yet apparently there's still much room for improvement on both
> cards.  This gives some performance numbers for Ivan Golubev's code:
>
> http://passwordrecoverytools.com/pic/rar3_speed.png

Great, these are very good benchmarks for me. Note though that his
statistics are for 4-character passwords as opposed to cRARk's (and
mine) 6-character ones. The RAR format suffers bad from each extra
character and showing 4-char statistics is just silly as you will
exhaust that keyspace in half a minute.

magnum