Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 23:37:23 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RAR format finally proper

On 03/06/2012 08:11 AM, Milen Rangelov wrote:
> As per AES/OpenSSL, I read somewhere they implemented runtime AES-NI
> detection/use. Though I don't think this have made it into the debian
> packages I use yet. It might improve things a lot.

Yeah interesting, it can decrypt a byte in 2 cycles instead of 15... I
suppose you could try using the code supplied by Intel at the end of
this PDF: http://software.intel.com/file/24917 - it even mimics the
OpenSSL interfaces.

Please report any findings if you try it out. I'll have a look at it
later but I'll sort out the OpenCL part first.

magnum