Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 05:21:50 +0530
From: Piyush Mittal <piyush.cse29@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bit slice implementation of DES based hashes

> ...and so you suspect that a k pointer, which is used by y(), is set
> incorrectly?  While this may be a reasonable guess, there might also be
> something else wrong with your revision of the code - e.g., with the
> loop logic.  You may want to check the values of variables - e.g., see
> if k is possibly too far away from the array start (beyond 768 entries).
>

>From my side, there is problem in k pointer only because while fetching
values from k pointer I am getting error as shown below:

Breakpoint 1, DES_bs_crypt_Oracle (binary_plain_salt_mix=0x7fffffffc640)
    at DES_bs_b.c:1267
1267        rounds = 8;
(gdb) p *k[0]@767
Cannot access memory at address 0x0
(gdb)

You can also confirm it by taking Traditional Des and calling from there
DES_bs_crypt_LM() instead of DES_bs_crypt_25().

 Maybe you did not actually add that function in your 1.7.9-jumbo-5 tree

What does it mean? Are you saying about including header, that I did
correctly same as of 1.7.8 ?

maybe you declared it static by mistake.

No. That is non static.

Thanks
--
Piyush Mittal