Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:00:30 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: jumbo rebased on current CVS

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 01:54:27PM -0600, jfoug wrote:
> The test suite has 8 bit passwords.
[...]
> However, the test suite DOES test for these type PW's.  It is how the bug in
> BF was found.

Yes, I knew that (regarding BF), but I was unsure about LM hashes
specifically.  From your description, the test suite uses the same input
passwords for almost all hash types, which implies that it should have
the correct LM hash values for those too.

So, yes, it'd be great if magnum runs his "jumbo rebased on current CVS"
through the test suite before I release 1.7.9.  And do it for different
make targets because:

$ fgrep -l DES_bs_finalize_keys_LM *
DES_bs_b.c
x86-64.S