Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:37:50 -0600
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: more targets using sse-intrinsics.S

>From: jfoug [mailto:jfoug@....net]
>Windows is not a straight forward build.  I have gotten it built, ....

Patch 0005 has been placed on the wiki.  It is a perl script, placed in ./run, and a couple of changes to Makefile.

The 'underscore' block is added.  Then there are 4 regex (type of lines), which are not copied across.  The script will read from sse_intrinsics-32.S, and write to sse_intrinsics-win32.S.  Then sse_intrinsics-win32.o is added to cygwin and mingw targets, and the sse_intrinsics-win32.S is added to several cleanup rules.

Works good, but requires perl to build sse2i under Cygwin.  However, the performance is nice.

Since I do not know of a way to do a chmod+x in patch, within the Makefile, I use `perl ../run/sse2i_winfix.pl` to call the script, so even if the script is not +x, it will build properly.  If the sse_intrinsics-win32.S exists, it will not be created on the next make (until there is a make clean).

Jim.