Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:44:24 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Plugin formats "released"

Not sure exactly what the differences are, but in sparc sed, the \+ did not
do what we want it to do.

Are there any side effects, such as:

struct fmt_main XXX=
{
}

or something like that, causing issues?  In the above, there is no space
between name and =, and nothing after the = char.   I am not sure how sed
will handle this one, in the way we have it.

The one thing we have to keep in mind, is that if the fmt_*.h files are not
built properly, then you get no warning what so ever.  Everything builds
just fine.  Even on sparc, when the files were being built 0 bytes long,
everything 'appeared' normal, until I ran john, and only the base formats
were there.  Just an FYI to keep in mind, when producing the jumbo, to make
sure everthing is there, and working.

Jim.