Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 23:07:07 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha256 format patches

Finally i've got something faster than 9600m, it is 9800GT. Still
slower than Alexander's 8800GTS 512 but for the next few weeks should
be enought.

For sha256cuda slow i've got ~11k c/s (8800gts - 16k c/s).
I found bug in my phpasscuda code, i was getting wrong results, and
many weird things because of to restrictive max_registers limit. After
two days of tracking this bug code went messy, so I need to clean it
up before uploading on wiki.

As zero revision sha256cuda patch performance is poor, but it should
be easy to double it.
Currently it is about 30k c/s of phpass $P$9.

oclHashcat+ can do 135k c/s on faster 8800GTS 512, so there is much to be done.

Lukas